This OWN MONEY SERVICES Money Transfer service is provided online by ACARE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PTY LTD (ABN 72 145 761 646) T/A OWN MONEY SERVICES, an Australian company with a registered address at T26 Level 1 Capitol Square, 730-742 George St, Haymarket, New South Wales, NSW 2000, Australia.
OWN MONEY SERVICES sets out various conditions of usage. Should any of these conditions be breached, OWN MONEY SERVICES reserves the right to refuse their service to the offending client. These terms and conditions for transfer transactions are only applicable to you being the customer and consumer of OWN MONEY SERVICES.
Applying for membership
- To transfer money, customers must be an OWN MONEY SERVICES member. Customers can apply to be a member online via website "https://ownservices.com.au". Once we have verified your documents with all the correct details, your membership will be activated which enables you to send money overseas. If, for any reason we are unable to complete you application, we will contact you, and advise you on how to complete the registration process. Furthermore, if you require assistance at any stage, please contact us.
- You must not give false information, and you are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide is correct and accurate. Failure to do so may result in delay or refusal of transaction and/or prosecution under law.
- You have the right to cancel the transfer transaction, but depending on the progress stage, we may not be able to stop the outgoing funds. A fee for cancellation and/or differences in currency exchange rate charges may apply. If you wish to cancel the transfer and request a refund of the transferred amount, you must contact our staff.
- We are committed to providing you with the best service and support at all times. If you would like to provide feedback, or in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with our service, please contact us via email or regular mail.
Conditions for Electronic Bank Transfers
- OWN MONEY SERVICES will deposit the requested amount of money to the selected bank account, physical or virtual account that you specified on the registration form. For information regarding when a payment will be credited to the selected account, you will need to contact the recipient bank or relevant account services provider.
- OWN MONEY SERVICES will not be liable if OWN MONEY SERVICES discontinues the agreement because of; (i) Abnormal and/or unforeseeable circumstances outside of our control, including, but not limited to; delays/failures caused by natural disaster, industrial action or inaction, problems with another system or network, mechanical breakdowns, data processing failure; (ii) Obligations governed by the Australian Government or other applicable laws that we may be subject to.
- OWN MONEY SERVICES is not liable for more than the amount of money you stated (combined with our fees) on the registration or transfer form.
- OWN MONEY SERVICES will not be liable for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential losses or costs you suffer, nor any business losses or costs, as the agreement is made with you as a consumer.
- OWN MONEY SERVICES duty is to provide you with a money transfer service by use of electronic communications to either a private account, or a business known to you.
- You should be aware of any fraudulent accounts or scams. OWN MONEY SERVICES will not be held liable for transfers to a fraudulent account or your money being scammed.
Circumstances where you will not be liable for any losses
OWN MONEY SERVICES will not hold you liable if;
- There are unauthorized transactions that you have not personally given approval to. This does not include any transactions carried out by you, nor by people performing the transaction with your knowledge and consent.
- Where you did not authorize a transaction, you will not be responsible for losses which are; (i) Caused by fraudulent or negligent conduct of our staff members; (ii) Related to access that is forged, faulty, expired or cancelled.
- You are not liable for any unauthorized transactions that have occurred after you have notified us that your security PIN has been lost, stolen, misused or that the security of the access method has been breached.
- Where it is clear that you may have not contributed to any loss by unauthorized access or transactions, you will not be held liable.
Circumstances where you are liable for any losses
OWN MONEY SERVICES will hold you liable if;
- There are any losses resulting from unauthorized transactions in the following circumstances; (i) We can prove that you contributed to the losses through fraud; (ii) We can prove that you have unreasonably delayed notification to us after you have become aware your security PIN; (iii) We can prove that you have given your consent to a transaction, or confirmed your transaction when we have asked you to check and confirm your transfer information.
- In the event you are held liable for the loss, the penalty will be the losses that occurred before you informed us of your stolen, misused or breached security.
- While OWN MONEY SERVICES will strive to protect your account from unauthorized transactions on both a ethical and legal basis, your responsibilities include; (i) Keeping your PIN confidential; never voluntarily disclose or give your PIN to others; (ii) Reducing the chance of someone guessing your PIN; try not to select a numeric or alphabetical security PIN which represents or reflects your birth date, or a recognizable part of your name (inclusive of initials, rearranged letters etc); (iii) Not acting with carelessness, failing to protect your security measures against others.
Applying for OWN MONEY SERVICES Membership
- Other documents required for documents include; Passport, Australian ID, and Australian Driver’s License or Australian Photo ID.
- You understand that we may electronically provide you with documents and agreements which may be executed upon receiving your electronic signature.
OWN MONEY SERVICES Obligations
- Subject to these Terms and Conditions, we agree to provide you with our services using reasonable care.
- We are not obliged to process any particular transaction. When you submit a transaction, you are authorizing OWN MONEY SERVICES to process the transaction on your behalf. We may, at our own discretion, choose whether we will or will not process the transaction request. Should we refuse to process the transaction, you will be notified by our staff promptly, and we will repay the money, in full, that you have paid to OWN MONEY SERVICES.
- We will attempt to process your transaction promptly. However, there are some transactions that may be delayed or cancelled for reasons including, but not limited to; (i) Issues with identity confirmation; (ii) Validation of your transfer instructions; (iii) Inability to contact you; (iv) Issues regarding to compliance with applicable law; (v) Variations in business hours; (vi) Natural disaster; (vii) Currency availability
- In relation to your registration and agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, you will; (i) Provide us with true, accurate, current and complete evidence of your identity, and promptly update your personal information if and when it changes; (ii) Provide our staff members with accurate details of your payment instructions; (iii) Provide our staff with true, accurate, current and complete information for all transactions.
- We do not accept any liability for damages resulting from non-payment, delays in payment, or failure to perform a payment of a money transfer to the recipient for matters including, but not limited to; (i) Transaction detail inaccuracy; (ii) Breach of OWN MONEY SERVICES Terms and Conditions and/or breaches of applicable laws; (iii) Provision of false, inaccurate, or misleading information; (iv) Other individuals accessing your account, with our without your permission; (v) Refusal to provide confirmation of any information you give to OWN MONEY SERVICES; (vi) Refusal to co-operate fully with any investigation.
- When transferring money under OWN MONEY SERVICES’ Terms and Conditions, it is your responsibility to make sure that all the transaction details are accurate before submission. Once a transaction has been submitted for processing, it is not normally possible to change any details. You will be given the opportunity to confirm the transactions’ details, and you are responsible for checking the details carefully.
- When you decide to use our service, you must be in compliance with the Terms and Conditions, as well as any applicable laws, rules or regulations. It is a breach of the Terms and Conditions to transfer money to another individual who has themselves breached the Terms and Conditions, or to use the service in connection with illegal activities, including, but not limited to; (i) Money laundering; (ii) Terrorist funding; (iii) Fraud. If our services are used in connection with illegal activities, OWN MONEY SERVICES is both ethically and legally compelled to report the misdeed to the appropriate legal authorities.
- When using our services, or when interacting with OWN MONEY SERVICES with a third party or another user, you will not breach our Terms and Conditions, nor any other agreement between yourself and OWN MONEY SERVICES
- You may not open more than one account, unless you have received prior written permission.
- You may not provide false, inaccurate or misleading information.
- You may not allow other individuals to access your registration details, and you should keep these details secure.
- You may not refuse to provide confirmation of any information you provide to us, including proof of identity, and you must not refuse to cooperate in any investigation.
- OWN MONEY SERVICES may, as necessary in providing our services, store any or all information required to prove the identity of both the sender and the beneficiary account which is associated with the specific transaction. Proof includes, but is not limited to; (i) Valid, unexpired photo identification; (ii) Transaction tracking number(s) and receipt numbers; (iii) Personal Identification Number (PIN) etc.
- In addition to your obligations, OWN MONEY SERVICES is ethically committed, and legally obliged to the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Funding Act (or AML-CTF Act) of 2006; should we have cause to believe that the money transfer is being used to fund terrorist activity, or we are being used as a money laundering service, we will report the transaction(s) to the appropriate authorities.